Not doing the work doesn’t mean that you don’t have to be aware of the tools that are being used for plumbing. For emergency purposes or as a stopgap measure, having your own plumbing tools is essential especially when a permanent solution is still being worked out or while your plumbing services provider is on their way.
To give you some ideas, here are the FIVE basic plumbing tools you should know:
- Pliers (tongue and groove) – Channel lock pliers are very handy, quick, and they can take apart most plumbing easily. These kinds of pliers work best in pairs – one for stabilizing the piper and one to unscrew. If you are worried with scratching a finish, you can wrap the teeth with an electrical tape or use a towel between the finish.
- Basin Wrench – Also dubbed as a sink wrench, a basin wrench is one of the most basic plumbing tools that can be used to many projects. This tool can be very handy when you are changing an old faucet in the kitchen, bathroom, or laundry sink. It is actually a self-tightening wrench that can be used to loosen or tighten fittings in hard to reach places.
- Compression Sleeve Puller – If you have a copper, PEX, or CPVC tubing in your house, you are most likely to have compression angle stops which will feed water to your toilets and faucets. Even though it is easy to unscrew the angle, stop it by holding the back nut. The problem is that the nut and compression sleeve are still left on the pipe, so, using a compression sleeve puller will be ideal.
- Pipe Wrench – This plumbing tool comes handy when it comes to threading such as iron pipe. Many fitting like the nipples on the water heater, yard hydrants, or pressure regulators will require the use of one or two pipe wrenches. This is to provide enough leverage to unscrew these nipples.
- Adjustable Wrench – This tool is useful in removing angle stops, compression nuts, and supply lines to faucets. Adjustable wrenches can also be used for screwing on or removing a shower head so that the chrome will not get scratched during installation or cleaning.
If the problems on your plumbing system seem to be hopeless, worry no more, because you’ve got GSR Malabanan to provide you with the utmost expertise on giving you the best solution!
Call us now at (02) 512 8058 or (02) 545 6413 now!